I love a good haul, but I may actually enjoy finishing a product even more. This month I finished plenty of skincare, body care, hair care, and makeup products. I was even able to get through more than a few foils and deluxe samples. Keep reading to see all the gorgeousness that hit my
garbage can recycling bin this month! FYI: Since it’s difficult to rate a product after only one use, empties that were foils will not have a rating.
- Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Shower Gel – Vanilla is one of my favorite scents, so this is an all-time fave … obviously. Rating: Haul It
- Clinique Happy Gelato Cream – I finished both a mini jar in the original Happy and Berry Blush scents. The Original came in a holiday ornament fragrance duo. I wasn’t a fan of the scent, but I absolutely love the richness of this cream. Although I didn’t love the Berry Blush scent, I did like it more than the original scent. The good news is the scent does not linger, so I would definitely buy it again because the cream is that good. Rating: Haul It
- Dove Rose Petals Dry Spray – Rose is another scent I like, as long as it’s not too flowery and overpowering. This deodorant gives the perfect amount of rose fragrance. Rating: Haul It
- Sephora Collection Pumpkin Hand Balm – This was an impulse buy at checkout. It has a sweet scent, but it smells nothing like pumpkin. I might buy it again if it is heavily discounted. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream – This scent is heavenly!!!! I am not the biggest fan of the new lighter texture. I much prefer the heavier whipped butter texture, but I will still keep using this because of that signature intoxicating scent. Rating: Haul It
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Defense – If you would fail the brown paper bag test, then you should stay far, far, far away from this sunscreen because this will make you #CasketReady. Otherwise, it’s worth a try if you are looking for an easy-to-apply mineral sunscreen. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Estēe Lauder Perfectionist Pro – This serum was the opposite of mind-blowing. In fact, it was actually quite forgettable.
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum – My face started stinging as soon as I patted in the product. It’s a no for me dawg.
- Guerlain Paris Abeille Royale – An expensive product that I would probably never buy because I’m a poor.
- Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum – A beloved and bestselling product that didn’t wow me.
- Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum – I’m on the fence with this one. I love the spicy notes in the fragrance, but the overall scent doesn’t wow me. Rating: Clearance Bound
- L’Orèal Paris Pure-Clay Cleanser Detox-Brighten – The fragrance is strong with this one. Initially, the mask made my skin feel cool and tingly, and it didn’t initially irritate my sensitive skin. However, it seriously burned while washing it off. Rating: Scam Alert
- Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Serum – I like that this is free of fragrances. I have been interested in adding a retinol into my routine, but I’ve avoided it because of my sensitive skin. Since I didn’t experience any irritation, I am willing to try the full size.
- StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus – I use this as a regular face cream since it’s mostly water and shea butter. This is a very rich cream that my dry skin loved, but there is no way I would buy this when it costs almost $100. Rating: Scam Alert
- Tula Purifying Face Cleanser – I was not a fan of the scent, but this is a gentle low foaming cleanser. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Vichy Minèral 89 Face Serum -I thought this was just okay after the first tube, but this second tube had me singing a different tune. This is a good affordable serum, and I bought a full size to add to my skincare routine. Rating: Haul It
- Curlsmith Ultimate Lengths 30-Day Therapy – I haven’t seen any crazy results, but I didn’t expect to see any miracles in the first month since the instructions suggest using this product for at least 3 months. I bought this during a sale, so I would recommend waiting until a discount if you are looking to try it, but don’t want to drop $30 just yet. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Brassica Seed Oil – This stuff stinks! It is described as smelling like spun sugar and red velvet cream, but I didn’t get any of that. Brassica seed oil is supposed to be a natural alternative to silicone that softens hair and makes it shiny. I used it as the oil in my pre-poo treatment and didn’t notice any big differences in my hair when I use it. I think this is no longer available, but it doesn’t matter because I wouldn’t buy it again. Rating: Scam Alert
- BareMinerals Oil Obsessed Total Cleansing Oil – This is a light oil that turns milky with water, so it does exactly what I need from a good makeup removing cleansing oil. I bought it on sale, but I would pay full price for it. Rating: Haul It
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – I bought it during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty to try as a sleeping mask, and I wasn’t amazed by the results. This didn’t sit well on top of my moisturizer, and it irritated my skin. If you want to try this, then I suggest waiting for a sale. For me, I’m staying away from this one. Rating: Scam Alert
- Dermal Bamboo Collagen Essence Mask – This was a gift from the beau. The mask had a good amount of serum, and there was no skin irritation or reactions. Although I had a good experience, I probably wouldn’t buy this on my own because I’m not familiar with the brand. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm – I tried this after using (and not liking) the rose balm because the rose scent was too strong. I hoped the regular cleansing balm would have no scent, but I was wrong. This balm has a very strong patchouli/sage scent that was also off-putting. Also, this product is way too expensive. The balm works well, but the scent and the price will keep me away. Rating: Scam Alert
- Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado – This is such a rich cream that I’ve been using for years as a night time eye cream, but I recently started using as an under eye primer. I am replacing this with the Cannuka Eye Balm I recently hauled, but I would definitely buy this eye cream again. Rating: Haul It
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, Rosewater – I like this as a spray toner, but after hearing so much negative information about Mario Badescu recently, I don’t plan to purchase anything else from the brand. In good conscious, I also can’t recommend this product. Rating: Scam Alert
- Miss Spa Cactus Flower Hydrating Sheet Mask – This sheet mask had lots of serum and no strong fragrance. I purchased during a sale, and I would purchase again. I don’t think I would seek it out, but I would buy it if I happened across it during another sale. Rating: Clearance Bound
- No7 Radiant Results Nourishing Cleansing Balm – Honestly speaking, I only bought this balm because of a 5X bonus point offer. I was disappointed when half the jar was empty when I opened it, but using this reminded me of the Clinique Cleansing Balm, and I would recommend it to someone who wanted to try an affordable cleansing balm. Although this isn’t on top of my must-buy list, but I would purchase this cleansing balm again. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Supergoop! Glow Stick – This Glow Stick was one of my 2019 Beauty Faves and my HG face sunscreen. Rating: Haul It
- TonyMoly Hydrating I’m Lavender Mask Sheet – I love TonyMoly sheet masks! I have been repurchasing this one for the past few years. Rating: Haul It
- Ulta Beauty Holiday Animals Hydrating Sheet Mask – I used the Penguin and Polar Bear masks and finished the pack. The masks are okay overall, but light on the serum. I wouldn’t purchase again. Rating: Scam Alert
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel – I know this is a Holy Grail product for a lot of beauty lovers, but I thought it was just okay. Although, I would buy it again if it’s on sale or for bonus points. I just wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Multitalent Fixing Spray – I bought this on a whim and was surprised at how good this setting spray is for a drugstore brand. The spray is a finer mist, but not as fine as the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist, and there is no off-putting scent or alcohol. I already have a second bottle waiting in the Catrice Stars of the Show Setting Spray Trio. Rating: Haul It
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara – This mascara was one of my favorite beauty products in 2019. However, I didn’t enjoy this tube. I don’t know if I got an old product or if it’s because this is a full size tube, but this mascara was so messy. Every time I closed the tube, product got all over the outside. I had to wipe down the tube with a makeup wipe almost every day, even after wiping down the wand and tube. I would still buy this mascara again because this mascara makes my lashes look so lush, but I still won’t pay full price. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Laura Gellar Filter First Luminous Concealer – This concealer was a random clearance find after Laura Gellar was discontinued at Ulta. I bought this for ~ $3.00 and am so glad I didn’t pay full price for this because it took less than a month to finish the tube. I don’t want to pay over $20 for a product I am able to finish this quickly. Unless this is on sale for the price of a drugstore concealer, keep on walking. Rating: Scam Alert
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – I bought the mini to use to set my under eye concealer, and it worked well for that. This powder definitely gives a matte finish, so I have to go light with this powder since I have dry skin. I know this is a holy grail product, but it was just okay for me. I would buy it again, but it’s not at the top of the list. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Morphe Continuous Setting Mist – It’s one of my 2019 Beauty Faves. ‘Nuff said. Rating: Haul It
- Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner – This clear lip liner is a decent universal lip liner that works with my various lipstick formulas and makes for a good dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone. Rating: Clearance Bound
- Ulta Beauty Matte Setting Spray – I liked that this was a matte setting spray without heavy alcohol content. I also like the finish. It is matte, but doesn’t make my skin feel parched. Since it’s a decent price, I would purchase it again. Rating: Haul It
What products have you finished lately?